Children's Ministry at First Presbyterian Church
We are a church that cares deeply for children and their families. We are a caring community of faith always striving for ways to play a vital role in the lives of children, adults, our city, and our world. This church is a church where families feel welcome, safe, and nurtured in their search for a connection with God and a community of faith.
Early Childhood Ministry
We offer a wide range of early childhood Christian formation activities and experiences that are safe, consistent, and nurturing:
Every Sunday, professional childcare is provided in our nursery rooms, 8:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
A Sunday School experience is offered each Sunday, 9:00-10:15, by professional caregivers
- Providing a safe, nurturing environment for a child’s first Christian formation experiences in church.
- Providing a Christian community of support for parents of young children.
- Reaching all of our young families, volunteers, and staff with the life changing message of Jesus Christ.
- Fifth and Sixth Grade Drama Team and Leadership Training Programs
- Advent Family Workshop
- Cherry Street Express Bible School
Classes or groups rotate to new workshops each week creating an exciting learning environment where children have opportunities to make connections with caring adults, one another, concepts learned, and to their own lives. We call this “transformational” learning.
Qualified adults serve as “Shepherds,” leading groups to their designated classrooms and assisting in any way needed. Adults that have special interests, skills, and gifts in various areas of learning serve as “Workshop Leaders” teaching the lesson to each age group throughout the rotation.
- Providing children of all ages the opportunity to experience worship as participants** and leaders.
- Welcoming all children with extravagant hospitality.
- Preparing for and fully integrating children with different learning abilities and social needs.
- Serving our community and world with special mission projects and activities where children grow in understanding of how to help and love others within and outside of their church family.
- Offering opportunities for children to grow in faith through Worship Arts: Cherub Choir for children, age 4 years – grade 1.